Breadth Requirements for the Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Music students complete a breadth component of 50 points (four subjects), with another 25 points (two subjects) of free (that is, breadth or core) subjects.
- At least 12.5 points of breadth must be taken at Level 2 or 3 (and no more than 37.5 points at Level 1).
- You are encouraged to take at least one 37.5 point (three subject) breadth track. (Learn more about Breadth Tracks)
Breadth Subjects Available for Bachelor of Music Students
- University Breadth Subjects.
- Non Core subjects available as breadth study (such as undergraduate subjects in Law or Education).
- English as a Second Language subjects.
- Subjects offered in the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Environments and Bachelor of Science that are available as breadth.
You are encouraged to take at least one of the three-subject breadth tracks available to Bachelor of Music students. (Learn more about Breadth Tracks)
Subjects in the following areas cannot contribute to the breadth component of the Bachelor of Music:
- Subjects that contribute to the core of the Bachelor of Music.
- Subjects available in the Bachelor of Music (Performance).