Pre-2011 requirements for the Bachelor of Music
- Students will complete a breadth component of 75 points (six subjects) normally with 25 points (two subjects) taken each year.
- Normally students will take 25 points (two subjects) at each year level i.e.: two 100 level or first year subjects; two 200 level or second year subjects and two 300 level or third year subjects.
- It is possible for one or two 37.5 point (three subject) sequences or clusters of breadth study to be taken. Students may also take all of their 75 points of breadth in one breadth discipline (e.g.: languages or mathematics).
- Students must complete at least one 300 level breadth subject which will, in many cases, require prerequisite 100 and 200 level study.
Breadth Subjects Available for BMus Students:
- University Breadth Subjects;
- Non Core subjects available as breadth;
- Subjects from the Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Environments, Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science that are designated as available as breadth subjects; and
- English as a Second Language Subjects.
Subjects in the following areas cannot contribute to the breadth component of the BMus:
- Subjects in the core of the Bachelor of Music.
- Subjects available in the Bachelor of Music (Performance).